We help SMEs, national, international companies, public sector and not for profit organisations improve their hotel & travel management.
We're Recruiting! Conference Consultant
Job Aim & Main Purpose
To handle all incoming Conference & Event enquiries for clients based on their specific service level agreements whilst exceeding client’s expectations every time.
• Answer all incoming conference and events calls within an agreed ring time
• Respond to all conference and events incoming emails within an agreed time frame
• Manage all conference enquiries from proposal stage to provisional and confirmed, ensuring all tasks are set and completed, including; delegate final numbers, itinerary changes and payment methods.
• Process bookings, amendments and cancellations ensuring all required information is captured and entered into the reservations system
• Ensure daily task list is completed and actioned
• Be aware of all agreed client service level agreements
• Complete booking process by reiterating booking with client, emailing hotel and client confirmations and facilitate contracting
• To effectively resolve conference and event customers and supplier queries, escalating where appropriate
• Be aware of and work to achieve monthly revenue targets
• Commercial awareness of business on the books, targets and need periods
• Negotiate rates, added value and enhanced commission
• Follow up for feedback on past events and future repeat meetings
• Obtain copy invoices on completion of all conference bookings and reconcile with the company’s reservation system, to ensure all commission claims are accurate.
• To attend internal and external training sessions as requested
• Maintain a tidy and organised working environment at all times
• To be aware of all industry conference promotions and increased commissions incentives and utilize these offers where relevant.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of UK Hotels market and competitor intelligence, in addition to attending Familarisation Trips
• To adhere and comply with company policy
• To assist with any other tasks which may be deemed necessary from time to time to further enhance the position of Conference Consultant in particular or the Company in general
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Excellent organisation and ability to prioritise
• Ability to work under pressure
• Enthusiastic and a motivated team player
• Ability to work towards targets and deadlines
• Client Relationship Management
• Supplier Relationship Management
• Strong negotiation skills
• Minimum 1 years’ experience in the Hotel, Agency or Travel and or Events Industry
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Computer literacy required, with Microsoft Office experience
• Confident, clear and professional telephone manner
• Ability to work as part of a team
To apply for the role, email your CV to Jane Sprague